individual and corporate
MEMBERS - CLICK ON THE TWITTER ICON for latest course conditions
The 'Lutyens' Room' pictured below is the club's dining room
In 1912 Sir George Sitwell commissioned his friend Sir Edwin Lutyens to design an extension to the clubhouse. This fine crescent shaped facade faces away from the road so it is only seen by relatively few people, It contains a Dining Room in the Swiss style, seating for a hundred persons, a Locker Room and Drying Room. Ladies Room and Stewards quarters. Hence the dining room being known as the Lutyens' Room. Incidentally, Sir Edwin Lutyens also designed the Greywalls Hotel overlooking Muirfield Golf Course in Scotland.
The oldest part of the clubhouse seldom seen by the public and pictured below is an upstairs room where there are a couple of frescoes. It is believed that the painting date back to about the1620's. The picture on the right is thought to be St. George and the Dragon with the one on the left depicting the Ark Angel Gabriel. It is generally agreed that the room was used for secret prayer in the days of Oliver Cromwell.